The Pyrate's Booty

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Telestreet: The Italian Media Jacking Movement

My food for thought this week is a video about Telestreet. I chose this particular mini documentary because it shows us the importance of media democracy. Telestreet is an Italian organization, which sets up pirate TV stations in metropolitan areas through out Italy. The organization combats the monopolization of TV stations by, a secular and wealthy citizenship, by providing about 200 mini TV stations as an alternative. In the following video, the men of Telestreet provide us with insight about how they complete the daunting task of setting up these pirate stations. Telestreet utilizes transmitting hardware containing modified receivers to make television magic. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger EugLoven said...

I couldn't get the clip to play in my browser, but it seems an interesting concept. The more and more I watch these amateur videos, the more I want to go out and invest in a nice digicam-recorder and set up my own video blog. Seriously, I wanna be the next Rocketboom Girl, but cover Bway news. I wanna broadcast myself!!! DAMMIT!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home